This article is essential to undertake an in-depth work with the symbols of sacred geometry. Thanks to the symbols you will be able to transform your life, transform defaults, attract to you an energy, a virtue that you need, etc.
If you follow us, you know that I invite you to do a 7, 21 or 40-day practice with your symbols of sacred geometry. The goal of this practice is to work with a virtue that you need in order to develop it inside of you.
For example, if you lack confidence, I invite you to work with the Mandala of Confidence, if you need to heal something inside of you, you should work with the Mandala of Healing, and so on.
Ideally, you should do a practice of at least 40 days.
Why you should do a 40-day practice
40 days is a number linked to birth and death. It’s a transformation figure.
Symbolism of the number 40
● According to the Bible, it is the number of waiting, preparation, testing or punishment. The Bible also often uses the number 40 when a new chapter in the history of salvation begins. On the other hand, forty would indicate the duration of a generation or a fairly long period, the exact length of which is unknown.
● Symbolises death to oneself and spiritual rebirth.
● According to R. Allendy, "it is the completion of a cycle in the world, or rather the rhythm of cyclical repetitions in the Universe".
● According to Saint Augustin, forty expresses perfection "because the Law was given in ten commandments, then it is throughout the world that the Law was preached, and the whole world is made up of four parts, east and west , noon and aquilon; therefore, by multiplying ten by four, we arrive at forty. Or, it is by the four books of the Gospel that the Law is fulfilled."
● Represents the man incorporated into the Universe and fighting the prince of disorder, according to Claude de Saint Martin.
● Represents the complete and sufficient period to complete a work, according to Lacuria.
● Represents eternal hell, according to J. Boehme, because it is the subjection to the cycles of the incarnation whose form does not change.
● The age of forty symbolises reason, maturity.
● It corresponds to the thirteenth Hebrew letter, mem, and to Arcanum 13 of the Tarot: Death, marking the completion of a stage.
In the Bible, the number 40 keeps coming up. The 40 days of rain of the flood, the 40 years of the stay of the Hebrew people in the desert, the 40 days spent by Moses on Mount Sinai. It is also the duration of Jesus' stay in the desert after his baptism, and the time to teach his disciples after his Resurrection and until his Ascension.
But we can also find the number 40 in:
● The 40 days of fast before Easter.
● The 40 days of fasting that Buddha made in the desert before exercising his apostolate.
● It was at 40 that Buddha and Muhammad began their preaching.
● According to the Egyptians, it is the number of days necessary for the soul to be definitively delivered from its body. Indeed, following the death of the physical body, the etheric body overall takes 40 days to dissolve in the universe. As long as it is not completely dissolved and the particles which constitute it have not joined the different elements of nature, the consciousness of the deceased will remain linked, more or less closely, to the terrestrial world in which he was evolving. This is the reason why a religious ceremony is celebrated 40 days after a death in some traditions in order to facilitate the definitive liberation of the consciousness of the being from its habits and material attachments. However, this should not be confused with what is called the etheric energy, which is completely extracted from the physical being three days after death.
● For Islam, the number 40 occupies an important place: the 40 companions, the perfect 40; the universe is supported by 40 pillars; the 40 supports of the dome of the Mosque of Omar in Jerusalem; And in the Middle Ages Muslims had their armpits removed every 40 days.
40 is the number of transformation
Did you know that it took 30 to 40 days for the caterpillar to turn into a chrysalis?
The butterfly is the symbol of metamorphosis and transformation towards the highest. It teaches us to consciously transform our lives, to create new conditions to go towards our true being.
Every new idea and every step in favor of blossoming is reflected in the future of the butterfly: the state of the egg corresponds to birth; the larva makes reference to the moment when it is time to decide whether an idea should be carried out; in the cocoon you have to go in yourself to connect the idea with your own nature; and its hatching corresponds to the birth of a new reality.
The lesson of the butterfly is to let the old behaviour go and get prepared for the next phase of existence. Each of us is transformed through multiple stages of life. It is only by effort that we emerge from who we will soon be. It is also by letting our old habits go that we can move from the caterpillar to the butterfly.
Transform your habits in 40 days
To bring a permanent transformation in your life, you must repeat a practice over 40 days, in an uninterrupted cycle.
A group from the department of psychology at Harvard University in Boston has shown that experiments had been made and that it could demonstrate that a person will be able to change a habit or even a behaviour through the practice / repetition of a new habit for more than 40 days. This repetition would allow the creation of new neural pathways. After 40 days, the habit was installed permanently.
For sure, there are a lot of things on the internet (please have a look at the articles referenced at the bottom of the page).
For example, in the 1960s, Doctor Maxwell Maltz, a specialist in plastic surgery and author of the best seller "Psycho Cybernetics" noticed that a patient needed an average of 21 days to get used to his change of physical image. Like a nose operation.
This research and his own experiences of change therefore brought him to this figure of at least 21 days to create a new mental image.
This principle was then extrapolated, rightly or wrongly, to many areas that involve behaviour change. Among which, habits.
Later, neuroscientist Paul Winner demonstrated that it would take between 22 and 30 days to form neural pathways in the brain and lead to a new behaviour.
This doctor conducted his work on heavy addictions such as those found with drug addicts.
Now, the creation of habits involves the formation of new behaviours, so this leads us to believe that this time could be used as a reference for the establishment or change of habits.
But what follows will interest you even more since this study is directly related to habit formation.
In the book "Making Habits Breaking Habits: How to make changes that stick", author Jeremy Dean relates a 84-day study at University College of London.
In this study, 96 participants were asked to choose a daily behaviour that they would like to see transformed into habits. Things that could be repeated every day like eating a fruit at the end of lunch or running 15 minutes after dinner.
The results ?
On average, participants who provided enough data to validate their follow-up took 66 days to form their habit.
Some new habits are easier and quicker to adopt than others, and the time may also vary from person to person.
And this time will also depend on your regularity, your routine.
So be persistent, know what you want to achieve.
How one should do in practice?
Install a routine
You have to make an effort at the beginning to impose some good habits and then it becomes something natural in our routine. One of the keys is repetition.
“We are what we do repeatedly.
Excellence is thus not an act, but a habit. ”- Aristotle –
New habits don't necessarily stop old ones, but simply become stronger influences on your behaviour. Two other keys to successfully adopt new habits are perseverance and benevolence: if you “miss” your practice one day, it is not very serious, start again the next day, keep in mind the 40-day objective or any other period you will have defined.
Daily practice with vibratory symbols
Here is the daily practice that I suggest you to implement:
Present yourself every morning when you wake up in front of your mandala (whether in the form of a printed canvas, harmonising disk or any other medium). It is important that the atmosphere is calm, favorable to contemplation and/or meditation.
When you are in front of your mandala, look at it with your child's eyes, without putting a concept on what it represents or on the virtue it carries.
Tell your mandala or think inwardly that you want to get in touch with it, create a link with it, understand how to approach it. Ask it to accompany you throughout your day.
Fill the center of your chest with its light and its soft atmosphere.
During the day, visualise mentally your mandala. If you have the possibility (depending on the medium you have chosen - the harmonising disk is ideal for this), take it everywhere with you and watch it as much as necessary throughout the day.
And finally, before going to bed at night, look at it again, let its beautiful energy fill your whole being and ask your mandala to accompany you during sleep. If you wish, you can light a candle and enter into meditation to connect consciously with your mandala.
You can also place your mandala under your pillow if you wish. If it is too dynamic and disturbs your sleep, place it farther away.
Do this practice for at least 40 days and you will see something inside of you and in front of you opening up that you might never have imagined before.
Each one having different organs of perception, sometimes one can have the impression that nothing is happening, but internal changes are happening.
The power of thought
Can we, by the force of thought, influence our future? The answer is frankly positive! We can, more than we imagine.
If you vivify one or more virtues, you will nourish in yourself other thoughts, feelings and wills that will transform your body and therefore your perception. If your perception changes, what is invisible will become visible and something greater will reveal itself to you and speak to you. Where an ordinary man passes by and sees nothing, the man united with luminous and pure virtues discovers splendour, magnificence.
By resonance, by harmonisation, by the nature of your thoughts, your feelings, your will, you form more subtle organs. When you carry, vivify certain virtues in your life, new organs of perception appear. It vivifies you.
The virtues are the activators of life, they are the subtle that makes one alive. They can guide you towards a greater awareness, a clearer, more awakened thought, more posed feelings.
You can work with a virtue by thought, by naming it inside of you several times a day: for example “Letting go ... Letting go ... Letting go ...” or “Confidence .... Confidence .... Confidence...."
So by focussing on a harmonising disk, you put yourself in resonance with high vibrations. And as it is a very practical object to take everywhere with you, you can use it in all circumstances.
Our mandalas are real magic talismans, which were created on the model of flowers. Just as flowers give off a sweet and subtle scent in atmospheres, when you work with a virtue, with a mandala, you gradually learn to emanate a scent by your beautiful thoughts and noble feelings, which attract a purer world.
The power of the word
Just as you can focus on a mandala, you can also enliven the corresponding virtue aloud. You will find that this will give power to your intention.
Very simply try to pronounce a virtue out loud: Letting go ... letting go ... with different intonations and find the intonation with which you feel most in affinity.
And once you have put it into practice, do not hesitate to share with me, by simply replying to this message, your experiences, your feelings, your questions.
"Every success begins with the will to try "(unknown author)
What’s important is to work everyday, and to strengthen your pace. You are thus creating an internal organ of will. A person without will can do nothing. We have to develop this organ in us because it is an organ that allows us to achieve and give a body to what we want.
It is true that the symbols of sacred geometry are very powerful and that they radiate by themselves. But if you want to go further and attract to you an energy, a virtue that you need, you have to energise it powerfully inside you.
And for that you have to stick to a discipline.
Once you have started your discipline, keep us informed of the results, your possible difficulties, your successes!
To be kept informed about our upcoming articles,